Monday, February 21, 2011

a very merry february

Hello, everyone! This month has been pretty bonkers, but on the Snowbirds front everything is going damn  well. Songs have been written (with several more on the way), shows have been booked and played and EPs have been made and sold. Probably the most exciting day of this month (for me, at least) was the 16th, when Dave and I played the Stanhope House with Melissa and Paul. It was my birthday, which made the event all the more exciting, but a lot of friends and family came out and made it the best birthday I've had in... well, in 23 years. As some of you probably know, these past five months have been a whirlwind for me. Being hospitalized and diagnosed with cancer at such a young age have certainly taken an emotional toll on me and one of the few things that have kept me together is writing and playing music with Dave. In the weeks leading up to my birthday, it all felt very bittersweet but being able to perform for such a loving and supportive group of people meant the world to me (and to Dave, too!) And being able to sell all of our EPs was the icing on the cake. So THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, from the bottom of our little ole hearts to everyone who came out and made the evening so spectacular. We were lucky enough to have some videos recorded of us performing, so check them out below!

And don't forget....

We are playing a show this Sunday, February 27th, at Eyeconik Records in Franklin, NJ. It's free and all-acoustic and we will be playing with Melissa and Paul and some other great people! We will also have more EPs for sale.

And on Saturday, March 5th, we will be playing at Curmudgeon Records in Somerville, NJ - check out the event on Facebook here. We're not listed, but we're playing, I swear.

A video of our first two songs of the night, "I Might Be Wrong" and "This Thing We've Got":






And a few more!

"God's Gonna Cut You Down" Cover
"Head South"
"Predator"
"Bitch"
"Romeo and Juliet" Cover
"Boys in Bands (with Beards)"



And a few pictures!







Love you all!
- Al

No comments:

Post a Comment