Want a recipe for some delicious turkey chili?
It's your lucky day, cause here it is!
Snowbirds Turkey Slow Cooker Chili (adapted from Southern Living and Laura's version):
- 1 1/4 lbs. 94% fat free ground turkey
- 1 large yellow onion and 1 small red onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 red and 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups canned corn (12 oz.), drained
- 1 large green hot peppers, seeded and minced
- 1 (28 oz.) can of crushed tomatoes
- 1 (15.5 oz.) can of black beans, rinsed and drains
-1 (8 oz.) can of tomato sauce
- 2 heaping tablespoons chili powder
- 1 heaping teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 heaping teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 pinch allspice
- 3 pinches cayenne pepper
- salt and pepper, to taste
1. Cook first three ingredients in large skillet over medium-high heat, stirring until turkey crumbles and is no longer pink. Drain.
2. Spoon mixture into slow cooker. Stir in corn and all other ingredients until well-blended.
3. Cook on high for about 4 hours and then on low 1 hour.
Serve with sour cream, shredded cheddar jack cheese, cornbread and WINE!
I wanted to upload a picture, but apparently I have absolutely no memory left on my computer. Bummerville. But, here is a picture of Snowbirds on NYE with a looming Boba Fett in the background.
|Photo courtesy of Jessica Perry!|
Enjoy your weekends, guys!